Saturday, February 7, 2015

Fashion Archives at the Charleston Museum: Behind the Scenes with Cavortress, January 9, 2015

The last time I went behind the scenes at a museum was during my internship with the Albright Knox and Burchfield Penney art galleries during my art conservation coursework at SUNY Buffalo.  When I was invited to participate in the celebration to open the Charleston Museum's upcoming exhibit Fashion Flashback, 1920s–1960s: Five Decades of Style that Changed America, I was ecstatic! While curator Jan Hiester was selecting pieces for the exhibit, she invited me to join her and view the archives.
The opening party for the exhibit is Thursday, January 15 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the museum (more info and tickets HERE). Patrons can enjoy throwback music, cocktails, and food, and should come dressed in garb from their favorite era! Tickets are $25 for museum members and $35 for non-members. If you can’t make the opening party, be sure to check out the exhibit, which runs from January 12 to May 10. Shop at the Cavortress boutique in Mount Pleasant for a 20% discount on anything from the 1920s–1960s this week! 
Here are some of my favorites archives from my visit to the Charleston Museum:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment